(1) ByteSize Warranty Coverage.
Most ByteSize products and PC Systems [“PC”] come with a 3-year warranty for all hardware components installed. Each product’s specific warranty period is specified in your invoice. The warranty period begins on the date of fulfilment, the day that you receive your PC. Your invoice (soft copy will suffice) must be presented for any warranty claim upon request.
We also provide 1st-year on-site warranty in-lieu of pick-up and return. In the event an issue could be resolved without stress testing the system, our technicians might suggest an on-site visit to your location, subjected to availability.
Some components of the hardware you purchased may have a shorter warranty than that listed on your packing slip, invoice, receipt or other sales documentation. Additional details related to warranty duration are listed below.
(2) Warranty Exclusions
Our warranty does not cover the following:
- Software issues, including issues arising from any software, games and/or 3rd Party programmes and/or any software updates unrelated to any of the hardware components installed in the PC.
- Issues caused by any peripheral items not purchased with ByteSize.
- Issues that result, directly or indirectly, from:
- External causes such as accident, acts of nature, misuse or problems with electrical power (for e.g.: connecting your PC to an improper voltage supply and/or power surges etc.);
- Servicing not performed by our technicians and improper maintenance; improper reassembling, handling and installation not in accordance with any supplied manufacturer prescribed operating manuals;
- Misuse, abuse and unsuitable physical or operating environment;
- Modification of the PC of any components not provided, or installed by ByteSize;
- Removal or re-assembling of any heat spreaders (RAMs, Graphic Cards etc.); and
- Wear and tear associated with usage.
- PC with components where serial number or manufacturer identification number has been tampered with, where label(s) or sticker(s), have been removed, falsified, damaged, altered, or made illegible.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship.
- Component failure after the 3-years warranty period.
(3) Guidelines for technical services
Depending on the issue that you face, our team of technicians will run diagnostic tests to determine if any of the components in your PC is causing the issue. If any hardware component has been confirmed to be causing the issue, our warranty will cover the replacement of the faulty component. If all individual components in your PC are determined in working condition, the issue could be caused by one of the software, games and/or programmes that has been downloaded onto the PC.
Our warranty does not cover any issues that are caused by software, games and/or programmes downloaded onto your PC. If one or more of your internal programmes is causing an issue, you should inform the developer of the software to seek a solution.
Our technicians can assist with reformatting the Operating System of your PC to resolve the issue temporarily. However, do note that you will lose all data.
You are encouraged to backup your data periodically to avoid losing important data in case of PC failure to the point of no-boot. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall be solely responsible for backing up your data, in the event of a failure of any internal storage device of your PC, we shall not be liable for any loss of your personal data.
If a component in your PC is deemed faulty after diagnosis by one of our technicians, we shall, at our sole discretion, arrange for a replacement component to be installed in your PC prior to full stress-testing to ensure the PC is operating at optimal condition.
As such, one or more of the following component replacement regimes may happen:
(i) One-for-one replacement
We will perform a one-for-one replacement of faulty component/s if there is a direct replacement in stock.
(ii) Replacement of a component of equal cost and/or specifications and of different brand
ByteSize reserves the right to replace a faulty component with a substitution of equal cost and/or specifications if the original component has reached End-of-Life [“EOL”] status and distributor is unable to replace or repair the component. If there are more than one option available, our technician will check with you on your preference.
(iii) Distributor replacement
For warranty claims after the first year of warranty period, due to stock availability, we will not be able to replace the faulty component immediately. The component will be sent to the distributor for replacement. In some instances, if an item has EOL, the distributor will replace it with an available item of equivalent value or performance in the current generation of the product line. This process may take 5 to 10 working days.
Warranty period will continue while parts are being sent for repair/replacement.
(vi) Component repair at factory
In some cases due to compatibility issues with the existing working components in your PC and the availability of the faulty component in the distributor’s stock, we will need to send the faulty component to the production factory for repair.
This process usually takes up to 8 weeks. Delays can be expected due to shipping issues.
(v) Loan PC/Component
Loaning of a PC and/or component is subjected to availability. For the PC or component loaned, please note that:
- Loan items will be either same or lower performance models, depending on stock.
- The transportation of the loan PC and/or component is not covered in the onsite warranty.
- If the loan PC and/or component is found to be damaged through negligence, ByteSize reserves the right to invoice to recover the cost.
- Warranty period will continue while parts are being sent for repair/replacement
(iv) Credit note
Pertaining to point (vi), in the event your component is beyond repair and there is no available replacement from the distributor and factory, we may offer a refund in the form of a credit note.
The credit note can be used for purchasing of a replacement component at a discounted rate that is in stock, including upgrading to newer models by paying for the price difference.
Any new purchase and installation does not extend your warranty period with ByteSize.
(4) General Technical Support Procedure
Our technicians will verify the following before proceeding with any form of servicing of your PC:
- The PC is still covered within the warranty period;
- General condition of the PC components to ensure that there has been no tampering which will void the warranty; and
- The components in the PC tallies with the customer’s invoice produced
If any of the above is not met, our technician can still provide technical support for your PC at a servicing charge of $100.00 net. You will be advise on the component/s that need to be replaced and if you wish to purchase a replacement component, you will be referred to a sales representative for assistance.
If all of the above are met, our technician will proceed to diagnose your PC. This process takes 3 to 5 working days depending on the complexity of your issue. In more complicated cases which require extensive testing to determine the full diagnosis, the process might take up to 7 to 10 working days. The technician will inform and update you as they progress with the case.
Terms of Service
Copyright © 2015 – 2022 Byte Size Technologies Pte. Ltd. (Singapore UEN 202022947R). All Rights Reserved
The term “BYTESIZE”, “us” or “our” refers to BYTE SIZE TECHNOLOGIES PTE. LTD., the legal name of the owner of the website, whose registered office is at 7030 ANG MO KIO AVENUE 5 #09-41 SINGAPORE 569880. Our company’s place of registration is in Singapore. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT
2. MINIMUM AGE
Under these terms, only persons 18 years of age or older may make orders of our products or provide personal information to us. By doing any of the foregoing actions, you are representing to us that you are of 18 years of age or older, or that you have obtained the prior consent of your parent or legal guardian (who are 18 years of age or older) who have read, acknowledge and agree that the Terms apply to all users of the Site.
4. SITE ACCESS RESTRICTIONS
You shall not under any circumstances do or perform any of the following:
– Use any code, software or otherwise that may interrupt or interfere with this website or the activities accessible through this website, or with the use of this website by anyone else;
– Data mining, hacking, carrying out any scanning or testing the security of this website and its servers; tracking, tracing, or seeking information of any other user or visitor of this site by any means;
– Use of the website, its contents, or its servers for any criminal, illegal or improper purpose, or as may be prohibited under these terms;
– And making any comments or communications on the website that may be deemed by us to be libellous, defamatory or offensive to us, other users or any other third party.
We reserve the right to take any and all actions for the deterrence, prevention or to stop any activities related to the above prohibited actions.
5. NO WARRANTY
The website and its content and materials are provided “as is” and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all representations and warranties regarding the website. We do not warrant that the website is free from bugs, viruses, malware or errors. Your access and use of the website is entirely at your own risk.
6. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
All material on this website is protected under the applicable copyright or trademark rights. The material mentioned includes, but is not limited to, the design, content, graphics and layout contained within the website. Copying, distribution, use or re-publication by you of the website, or any part of the website, is strictly prohibited except for personal use or non-commercial purposes. A proper acknowledgement of our site should be made in such cases. Some of the content on this site is also the copyrighted work of third parties, and these parties should be contacted should you wish to use their works. All other trademarks, product names or company names or logos present in the website are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trademarks, product names or company names or logos, and doing so may be an infringement of their respective owners’ intellectual property rights. The website, or any part of it, or its contents may not be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BYTESIZE TOGETHER WITH ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SHAREHOLDERS, ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM (A) THE USE OR ACCESS OF THIS SITE; (B) ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE; AND (C) THE VIEWING OR USE OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold BYTESIZE and all its directors, employees and shareholders harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that we may incur in connection with any claim arising from a breach by you of the Terms.
9. ERRORS, CORRECTIONS AND CHANGES
We do not guarantee that the website will be free of errors, though we shall endeavor to do so with any feedback. We also reserve the right to make changes to the pricing, features, functionality or content of the website at any time, to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the website. Pricing changes may occur on the website. If an order is placed and the price drops before the system ships, the customer may request to have their invoice updated with the lower price. Take note that no change will be made unless a request is submitted by the customer. Once an order has been collected or shipped, we will not make any changes to the pricing on the invoice.
10. REFUSAL OF BUSINESS
We reserve the right to refuse business to anyone and/or to cancel an order at any time. If any payments have been made in relation to a canceled order, all such payments will be refunded in full without interest upon the cancellation of the order and excluding any payment processing fees as indicated in your order during and after checkout, if any. We reserve the right to fully refund and reject sales requests when we feel we are unable to properly meet your needs. BYTESIZE takes pride in our ability to deliver to a customers exact needs, and we will reserve the right to reject sales when we feel we can’t deliver to our high standards. BYTESIZE respects our customers, but we also expect that our staff be treated with basic respect and dignity. BYTESIZE reserves the right to cancel, refuse business and service when we feel that we are unable to meet a customer’s needs. In such an event, a full refund or partial will be provided upon the return of goods.
11. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
12. SITE POLICIES AND MODIFICATION
We reserve the right to make changes to the website, these terms, and other policies at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to have read these terms and other policies prior to your use of the website.
13. GOVERNING LAW
The Terms shall be governed by the laws of Singapore, excluding any choice of law principles. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any action at law or equity arising out of or relating to these terms or the website.